Do you want to take care of your skin but don’t know where to start? Don’t worry, you are in the right place. Having flawless skin is not difficult to achieve if you use the right skincare products. Whether you are on your 20s or 50s it is important to start taking care of your skin to prevent the signs of aging or reverse them. These are some must-have products every skincare lover needs to have.
Oil-Based Cleanser or Cleansing Balm
Sleeping with makeup on is one of the worst things you can do to your face. During sleep time, your skin regenerates its cells and makeup interrupts this process. It makes you more prone to eye infections, inflammation, and eyelid redness as well as increases your chance of developing acne or premature signs of aging.
The best way to get rid of makeup is by using an oil-based or cleansing balm. These products contain nourishing ingredients that melt makeup off while deep cleanse impurities and leave your skin smooth. Don’t worry if you have oily skin, they are suitable for all skin types.
This is the second step of the double cleansing which is a popular Korean method that consists of using an oil cleanser and then following with a water-based to remove to wash away the first cleanser and leave your skin feeling clean and fresh.
This product helps to balance your skin’s ph and prepare it for the next products. There are different types of toners so choose the best one according to your skin type:
- Exfoliating Toner: Contains ingredients like glycolic acid, salicylic acid, fruit enzymes, or lactic acid that remove dead skin cells, get rid of enlarged pores and dullness. It is recommended for people with oily or acne-prone skin.
- Hydrating Toner: This contains nourishing ingredients like ceramides or hyaluronic acid that deeply hydrate the skin, and helps to maintain the skin elasticity while giving it a youthful appearance. Use it if you have mature skin.
- Brightening toner: It is designed to address uneven skin tone and give the skin a beautiful glow.
- For sensitive skin: Free of alcohol and fragrance. It contains calming ingredients that are suitable for the most sensitive skin types.
Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C is one of the most popular skincare ingredients and it isn’t hard to imagine why: it works on all skin types, brightens the skin, lightens hyperpigmentation, and is an antioxidant. Antioxidants are compounds that can neutralize free radicals which are molecules that can fasten the appearance of signs of aging. Vitamin C helps to repair the skin and boosts its natural regeneration process. Take this into consideration when choosing the best vitamin C serum for you:
- It should be colorless and in a dark bottle because it can become unstabilized when it is exposed to light. When it becomes unstable it turns yellow and oxidizes which means it loses its effectiveness.
- If you have sensitive skin and are just barely starting to use vitamin C start with a low concentration, around 5%.
- Look for a serum that also has ingredients like vitamin E and ferulic acid. Both help to stabilize vitamin C and boost the antioxidants properties of the product.
Dark Spot Remover
If you suffer from hyperpigmentation or an uneven skin tone a dark spot remover will be your best friend. This is a product specifically designed to reduce discoloration and even your skin tone. Vitamin C is a common ingredient in these products but also look for these ones:
- Niacinamide: It is a form of vitamin B3 that works as a skin lightening ingredient.
- Alpha-arbutin: This ingredient is extracted from plants like cranberries and blueberries. It is effective to fade dark spots caused by sun damage.
If you want to keep your skin healthy, you need to moisturize it. It is a crucial step to keep the skin smooth and soft. Prevents dryness and controls oil production so it doesn’t matter what is your skin type, you need to use a moisturizer. If you have oily skin go for a lightweight oil-free moisturizer, for dry skin look for rich and nourishing ingredients.
At the age of 25, we start to lose collagen so in order to prevent the breakdown of it and keep our skin young it is important to start using an anti-aging cream. Remember that you have to be consistent in order to notice results. Look for one with these ingredients:
- Retinol: It is a form of vitamin A that boost the collagen production of your skin and skin renewal.
- Peptides: These are fragments of proteins that increase collagen production and prevent the signs of aging.